Recipe by LilKiwiChicken
I have based this recipe on one round zucchini only (as I only have to feed two people), but the recipe multiplies easily. You can also use the mixture to stuff marrow or thin zucchini.
Top Review by tamalita
We were gifted with a round zucchini, which we'd never seen and were delighted to find this recipe. I had some special balsamic that I'd been saving as well, and so I used it here. This was delicious!
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 large mushroom, chopped into small chunks
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon white onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, finely grated
- salt & pepper
- 1 zucchini, round (about the size of a softball)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 180°C.
- Put the tomatoes, chopped mushroom, garlic, onion and oregano into a bowl. Mix to combine and add the balsamic vinegar, mixing until well combined. Leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthways, and using a teaspoon scoop out and discard the pulp.
- Heap the tomato mixture into the scooped out shells.
- Grind over salt and pepper to taste, drizzle over the olive oil, and top with the parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the shell just starts to go soft.