Cook1 hr 15 mins
I have based this recipe on one round zucchini only (as I only have to feed two people), but the recipe multiplies easily. You can also use the mixture to stuff marrow or thin zucchini.
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 large mushroom, chopped into small chunks
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon white onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, finely grated
- salt & pepper
- 1 zucchini, round (about the size of a softball)
- Heat the oven to 180°C.
- Put the tomatoes, chopped mushroom, garlic, onion and oregano into a bowl. Mix to combine and add the balsamic vinegar, mixing until well combined. Leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthways, and using a teaspoon scoop out and discard the pulp.
- Heap the tomato mixture into the scooped out shells.
- Grind over salt and pepper to taste, drizzle over the olive oil, and top with the parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the shell just starts to go soft.