1/7 Photos of Balsamic Stuffed Round Zucchini
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
I have based this recipe on one round zucchini only (as I only have to feed two people), but the recipe multiplies easily. You can also use the mixture to stuff marrow or thin zucchini.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 large mushroom, chopped into small chunks
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon white onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, finely grated
- salt & pepper
- 1 zucchini, round (about the size of a softball)
- 1Heat the oven to 180°C.
- 2Put the tomatoes, chopped mushroom, garlic, onion and oregano into a bowl. Mix to combine and add the balsamic vinegar, mixing until well combined. Leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- 3Cut the zucchini in half lengthways, and using a teaspoon scoop out and discard the pulp.
- 4Heap the tomato mixture into the scooped out shells.
- 5Grind over salt and pepper to taste, drizzle over the olive oil, and top with the parmesan cheese.
- 6Bake for 45 minutes or until the shell just starts to go soft.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balsamic Stuffed Round Zucchini
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.1
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 4.4 mg
- Sodium 91.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 4.4 g