1/1 Photo of Balsamic Strawberries With Whipped Mascarpone Cheese
1 hr 5 mins
My neighbor brought this over one evening for my husband and I to sample. We just happened to be entertaining some guests, and hadn't planned a dessert. When the meal ended, I brought out the two portions and divided it carefully amongst the group. We practically licked our bowls clean, this was so wonderful. He had pulled the recipe from epicurious. Makes a beautiful presentation, very simple, very good. just be certain to use a good-quality balsamic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine vinegar, 2 teaspoons sugar, and lemon juice in heavy small saucepan.
- 2Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- 3Boil until syrup is reduced to scant 1/4 cup, about 3 minutes.
- 4Transfer to small bowl; cool completely.
- 5(Can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.) Combine mascarpone, cream, vanilla, and 2 tablespoons sugar in medium bowl.
- 6Whisk until thick soft peaks form.
- 7Cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours.
- 8Combine berries and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar in large bowl; drizzle with balsamic syrup and toss to blend.
- 9Let stand 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 10Divide berries and syrup among 6 goblets.
- 11Top with mascarpone mixture.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balsamic Strawberries With Whipped Mascarpone Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.0
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 27.1 mg
- Sodium 12.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 20.7 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: