Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A fantastically simple dessert. Serve with some Mascarpone or cream and a piece of almond bread.. See recipe "White Wine Mascarpone". For the kids serve with some ice-cream and crushed meringue. A simple dessert for a summer's evening.
- 500 g strawberries (2 punnets)
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar (aka superfine sugar)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Rinse the strawberries and pat dry with paper towel. Remove the green hulls and slice strawberries in half.
- Place the strawberries in a shallow ceramic or glass dish and sprinkle over the sugar. Set aside at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Pour the vinegar over the strawberries and st aside, again at room temperature, for another 15 minutes. Turn the strawberries occassionally. A light syrup will form.
- Serve the balsamic strawberries with some mascarpone, cream or icecream.
What an elegant, delicious and ridiculously easy recipe..the balsamic and the strawberries are just meant to be!!!
Made for AUS/NZ SWAP#69.
I love it when I find something that can be eaten in ridiculous portions without due consequences. Please excuse me, my stomach calls. Made for A-NZ #38 Recipe Swap.
Very nice ending to a meal. Made for ZWT4 for the Chic Chefs