- 500 g strawberries (2 punnets)
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar (aka superfine sugar)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the strawberries and pat dry with paper towel. Remove the green hulls and slice strawberries in half.
- Place the strawberries in a shallow ceramic or glass dish and sprinkle over the sugar. Set aside at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Pour the vinegar over the strawberries and st aside, again at room temperature, for another 15 minutes. Turn the strawberries occassionally. A light syrup will form.
- Serve the balsamic strawberries with some mascarpone, cream or icecream.