Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Try this and see how your taste buds love you! Store bought pound cake makes this a very easy recipe.
- 4 ounces strawberries, quartered
- 4 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 slices toasted poundcake
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- Place the strawberries into a frying pan, on a medium high heat, with the caster sugar. Heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and cook for a further two minutes.
- Serve the balsamic strawberries piled on top of the toaste pound cake, and serve with ice cream, to your taste.
This is one of those recipes that deserves way more than 5 stars. It is delicious and I know something I will repeat. It is very quick to make and disappeared almost as quickly. I can see making this for a special romantic dinner for 2. Luscious Vanilla Pound Cake (with Strawberry Variation) was used for the cake.
Yummy! I loved the warm balsamic syrup with the cold ice cream. Thanks!
This recipe was very good. Looked very good and tasted great. The combination of warm berries and cold ice cream really was wonderful.