Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
An absolutely delicious dessert. I've seen similar recipes where the pepper is optional, but trust me, you want the pepper.
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, quartered
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- freshly grated lemon zest
- Combine strawberries, balsamic vinegar, sugar and pepper 30 minutes to 1 hour prior to serving.
- Set aside at room temperature.
- When ready to serve, dust lightly with lemon zest and enjoy.
This is so yummy. I used the black pepper. Very good dessert. Thanks dripdripsplat :) Made for All you can cook buffet
Made these for dessert tonight and everyone enjoyed them. They were very different for us but good. Made for Spring PAC 2011.
Yum - what a treat! I've had balsamic strawberries before but have never added pepper. It adds a subtle flavor that really enhances the flavor of the strawberries. Served over Shortcakes (Robin's Best Biscuits) and really enjoyed - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2009