John W Wenzelburger's Note:
A simple stove top beef stew quick and easy to make. Of course you can use fresh potatoes, mushrooms.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped coarse
- 10 baby carrots, cut in half
- 1 1/2 lbs steak, good quality, cut in 3/4 inch squares
- 1 (14 ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes, diced, not drained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can potatoes, diced drained
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1In a large fry pan or dutch oven cook the onion and carrots in the olive oil until the onion starts to brown. Add the Steak, salt and pepper cook meat until done on all sides.
- 2Add Potatoes, Tomatoes and Mushrooms.
- 3Add the Balsamic Vinegar
- 4Bring to a boil and cook stirring often until most of the water is boiled off.
- 5If the Carrots are not done you can add some more water and cook longer.
- 6Serve on noodles or rice.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balsamic Stove Top Beef Stew
Serving Size: 1 (462 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.6
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 134.3 mg
- Sodium 277.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 54.2 g