Recipe by John W Wenzelburger
A simple stove top beef stew quick and easy to make. Of course you can use fresh potatoes, mushrooms.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped coarse
- 10 baby carrots, cut in half
- 1 1⁄2 lbs steak, good quality, cut in 3/4 inch squares
- 1 (14 ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes, diced, not drained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can potatoes, diced drained
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large fry pan or dutch oven cook the onion and carrots in the olive oil until the onion starts to brown. Add the Steak, salt and pepper cook meat until done on all sides.
- Add Potatoes, Tomatoes and Mushrooms.
- Add the Balsamic Vinegar
- Bring to a boil and cook stirring often until most of the water is boiled off.
- If the Carrots are not done you can add some more water and cook longer.
- Serve on noodles or rice.