Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I received a bottle of "Newman's Own" organic balsamic vinegar for Christmas this year. I was looking for some recipes to try it with and came across this old newspaper clipping. I made the steak last night and it was really good! (Although the recipe calls for cooking on the stove, we chose to grill ours.)
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 slices lemons
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 2 (14 ounce) trimmed rib eye steaks, 1 inch thick
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- In a 1-gallon food storage bag, mix first 6 ingredients. Pierce steaks with fork and add to marinade. Let sit 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat large nonstick skillet. Remove steaks from marinade; season with salt and pepper. Add to skillet and cook 4-5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Remove to a plate.
- Add 3 tablespoons water to the marinade; pour into skillet along with drippings on the plate from steak. Boil until reduced to 3 tablespoons, about 2 minutes. Remove lemon and garlic from sauce.
- Cut steaks into serving pieces and top with sauce.
I thought this was pretty good if a little sweet (salt fixed that for me) but the boyfriend kinda shrugged & said 'eh'. Not bad but we prefer spicier dry rubs for rib eye.