southern chef in louisiana's Note:
This is a wonderful salad for one. Double the ingredients and make it a romantic dinner for two.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) boneless beef top sirloin steaks, 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 balsamic vinaigrette, with extra virgin olive oil dressing divided
- 1 large red pepper, cut into 2-inch-wide strips
- 1/2 lb fresh asparagus spear, cleaned (about 4 medium spears)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (5 ounce) bag torn mixed salad greens (about 5 cups)
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1Place steak and 1/4 cup of the dressing in large resealable plastic bag; seal bag. Turn bag over several times to evenly coat steak with dressing. Refrigerate 30 minutes to marinate.
- 2Preheat grill to medium heat. Remove steak from marinade; discard bag and marinade. Grill steak 5 to 10 minute on each side for medium doneness (160°F). Meanwhile, grill peppers and asparagus alongside the steak 5 to 7 minute or until crisp-tender, turning occasionally and brushing with the olive oil. Remove vegetables from grill; cut crosswise in half. Set aside. Remove steak from grill; cut across the grain into thin slices.
- 3Place greens in large bowl. Add peppers, asparagus and remaining 1/4 cup dressing; toss to coat. Place on serving platter. Top with the steak slices; sprinkle with cheese.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balsamic Steak and Blue Cheese Salad
Serving Size: 1 (666 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 849.9
- Calories from Fat 550
- Total Fat 61.2 g
- Saturated Fat 23.1 g
- Cholesterol 178.4 mg
- Sodium 627.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 57.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed salad greens