Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dressing has wonderful flavour with virtually no fat. Try this on a Spinach and Strawberry salad....it will blow your mind and your tastebuds. Taken from her 'Heart Smart' cookbook, she notes: "This dressing can also be made with other mild vinegars such as raspberry, sherry, Champagne or a good red wine vinegar." NOTE: after several reviews, I'm going to adjust the water amount to 1/2 - 1 cup. Thanks for the suggestions everyone. :)
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2-1 cup water (start with 1/2 cup and increase if needed)
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Whisk together vinegar, lemon juice, oil, mustard, worcestershire, garlic and pepper.
- Whisk in water.
- Taste and add honey and or salt only if necessary.
Made this last night. . .will be eating it today and promise to review it then. Was very easy to make! I thought the garlic flavor might be a little better if I made it a day early.
Very tasty. I skipped the honey, and it was perfect. Thank you.
This is a wonderful healthy dressing. I'm going to do this recipe often. Thanks Diana :) Made for I Recommend tag game