Gourmet 12/06. This can be an appetizer or main dish.
Make and share this Balsamic Soy Glazed Chicken Wings recipe from Food.com.
- Put oven racks in upper and lower thirds of oven. Line 2 large shallow baking pans (17 by 11 inches) with foil. Put pans in oven and preheat oven to 500°F
- Pat wings dry, then toss with oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl and divide between preheated pans, spreading wings in 1 layer. Roast, without turning, until golden and tender, about 35 minutes.
- While wings roast, simmer vinegar, soy sauce, and sugar in a 1- to 1 1/2-quart heavy saucepan, stirring occasionally, until reduced to about 1/3 cup, 12 to 14 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter until melted.
- Remove roasted wings from oven and let stand in pans 1 minute (to make wings easier to remove from foil), then transfer with tongs to a clean large bowl.
- Pour balsamic mixture over wings and toss to coat well. Let stand 5 minutes, then toss again.
We made and served this for Super Bowl 2013. This was a very easy and oh so good,
These are my very favorite chicken wings! I found the recipe on epicurious and it soon became my favorite and I've made it a few times. They are tangy but not overly so and very different from the usual buffalo style wings. I make them as posted but just watch out as they do cause smoking in the oven. Thanks for posting!