Prep 5 mins
Cook 11 mins
Chatelaine - April 2001 submitted by Dan Matheson, co-host of Canada AM.
- 4 pieces salmon fillets or 4 pieces salmon steaks
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 -2 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Place salmon, skin-side down, on a foil-lined baking dish.
- In a bowl,stir vinegar with honey,mustard and oil.
- Spoon over salmon.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if using.
- Bake in centre of 450F oven til fish flakes with a fork from 11 to 12 minutes.
- Remove with a metal spatula; try to leave fish skin on foil.
Delicious! Made as posted, except in half! Easy and fast, loved it!
I think I'll have to let the salmon marinate for a while next time around because the ingredients didn't quite flavour the salmon enough for me. Maybe my salmon was a bit thicker than others. The flavour it did have was really tasty though! I'll have to try it again asap and give a proper review :)
I think it would have been better if it had marinated, but I didn't think the flavors really soaked into the fish in the short time called for by the recipe. It was okay, but nothing that special.