1/3 Photos of Balsamic Rosemary Veal Medallions W. Mushrooms and Goats Cheese
The Flying Chef's Note:
If you like veal, mushrooms and goats cheese, you will love this recipe all the flavours that come through are wonderful and the goats cheese on top really finishes this off in my opinion. It was sort of an experiment the other night and I think it turned out gorgeous. I served mine with celeriac mash and spinach with bacon, onion and red pepper, so just serve with your favourite side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 small veal scallops (about 400g)
- 6 large flat brown button mushrooms
- 150 g goat cheese, sliced into 6 slices
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- 14.79 ml fresh rosemary leaf, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 19.71 ml balsamic vinegar, Extra
- 2.46 ml beef stock granules
- 14.78 ml sugar
- 1Combine oil, 2 tablespoons vinegar, rosemary, garlic and veal in a bowl, mix well, stand 15 minutes.
- 2Remove stems from mushrooms and cook in a little butter until tender, set to one side.
- 3Cook veal in a pan or under the grill, brushing occasionally with vinegar mixture, until cooked as desired. I leave them a little under cooked as they are going under the grill to melt cheese at the end, this prevents overcooking. Remove veal to an oven proof dish.
- 4In a small saucepan add any left over marinade and juices from the pan, add the extra vinegar, beef stock and sugar, stir over heat until sugar dissolves, leave on low heat to keep warm.
- 5Place mushrooms on top of veal and place a slice of cheese in each mushroom, place under the grill for a couple of minutes to melt cheese.
- 6To Serve: Serve atop your favourite mash and drizzle sauce over.
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balsamic Rosemary Veal Medallions W. Mushrooms and Goats Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 422.3
- Calories from Fat 323
- Total Fat 35.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.3 g
- Cholesterol 59.2 mg
- Sodium 387.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 16.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
brown button mushrooms
beef stock granules