Recipe by Lorac
I just found this recipe in a cooking magazine and can't wait to try it!
Top Review by partysweets
The kids ate this happily with no dip, I think that speaks for itself. Very good. I threw everything except the yams into a frying pan and waited for it to thicken at med-high heat, then tossed in the yams and tossed them to cover well. Then put them on a cookie sheet lined with non stick foil. Clean up was easy, prep was easy, perfect!
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon golden brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 large red skinned yams, peeled, cut into 1 1/4 inch dice
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place balsamic vinegar and brown sugar in a large skillet and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes or until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Add butter and salt and stir until butter melts.
- Add yams to the pan, stir to coat and season with black pepper.
- Spread evenly on a rimmed cookie sheet.
- Bake 40 minutes, or until yams are tender, stirring occasionally.