Recipe by juniperwoman
Ooh, does this sound good! I found it on the Good Housekeeping website.
Top Review by Enjolinfam
These turned out terrific! I followed the recipe exact. I wasn't quite sure I was going to like them when they were finished cooking as I expected the sauce to bake in more and for them to look for cooked. I guess I was expecting them to look more like normal cooked potato wedges and the sauce not still be gooey on the outside, but once I put them in my mouth I was extremely pleased! Went over well with the whole family + guest and we will be making these again soon!
- 8 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and each cut lengthwise into 8 wedges (about 10 ounces each)
- 2⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Divide sweet potatoes between two 15 1/2" by 10 1/2" jelly-roll pans. In 1-quart saucepan, heat sugar, vinegar, margarine, salt and 1/4 cup water to boiling over high heat. Divide sugar mixture between jelly-roll pans; toss with potatoes to coat. Spread potatoes evenly in pans.
- 2. Roast potatoes 45 minutes or until very tender and glaze thickens, turning potatoes occasionally to coat.