Top Review by Mia in Germany
OMG, this was good! I used hokkaido pumpkin and beet molasses, and we both were raving. Made it exactly as written except that I reduced the temperature to 375 °F because my oven is a convection oven. Thanks for sharing, this is a total winner which I'll be making again!!<br/>Made for CQ 2014
- 3 lbs sugar pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup dark molasses
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- (Note: This recipe can also be used for butternut or other types of squash) Peel and slice the Pumpkin into 1" cubes.
- Brown the butter and add sage.
- Add the pumpkin.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add Balsamic vinegar, molasses and sugar.
- Bring to a boil.
- Transfer to a baking dish.
- Roast at 425-450 for 30 minutes until very tender and caramelized.
- Serve as a side dish to roasted chicken or turkey, use as a stuffing for ravoli, mix with vegetables and chicken stock to make a soup or serve alone with bread.
- Serves 4.