Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found in Gourmet Magazine. The balsamic vinegar adds a touch of sweetness with the acid.
- 4 large potatoes, scrubbed well (2 lb total)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Put oven rack in lower third of oven and preheat oven to 450°F.
- Halve each potato lengthwise, then cut each half lengthwise into 4 wedges.
- Toss potato wedges with oil, salt, and pepper in a 17-by 11-inch shallow baking pan (about 1 inch deep) and arrange in 1 layer.
- Roast potatoes, turning over once, until golden brown and cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons vinegar, shaking pan to distribute vinegar evenly, then roast until vinegar is evaporated, about 3 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with remaining 1/2 tablespoon vinegar and salt to taste.
These are delicious wedges. Very easy to prepare and the ingredients are something I almost always have on hand. Thanks for posting.