Balsamic Roasted Potato Wedges
- Put oven rack in lower third of oven and preheat oven to 450°F.
- Halve each potato lengthwise, then cut each half lengthwise into 4 wedges.
- Toss potato wedges with oil, salt, and pepper in a 17-by 11-inch shallow baking pan (about 1 inch deep) and arrange in 1 layer.
- Roast potatoes, turning over once, until golden brown and cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons vinegar, shaking pan to distribute vinegar evenly, then roast until vinegar is evaporated, about 3 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with remaining 1/2 tablespoon vinegar and salt to taste.