Recipe by evelyn/athens
One of the recipes I found on the net (texasdrone.com) to use up a supply of wonderful pears. Simple, elegant and delicious. This recipe would work beautifully as either an appetizer or dessert.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 firm-ripe pears, halved lengthwise and cored
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 ounces manchego cheese or 4 ounces mild fresh goat cheese, cut into 4 pieces, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- freshly-cracked black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Melt butter in an 8-inch square glass baking dish in middle of oven, about 3 minutes.
- Arrange pears, cut sides down, in 1 layer in butter and roast in middle of oven until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Pour vinegar over pears and roast 5 minutes more.
- Transfer pears, cut sides down, to serving plates with cheese and spoon some of juices from baking dish over pears. Drizzle pears and cheese with honey and sprinkle with pepper.