Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter
- 2 firm but ripe bosc pears, halved and cored
- 44.37 ml balsamic vinegar
- 78.07 ml honey
- 113.39 g mild goat cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 400º F.
- Melt butter in ovenproof baking dish.
- Arrange pears, cut-sides-down, in a layer of the butter and roast for about 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Pour balsamic vinegar over pears and roast 5 minutes longer.
- Remove pears from baking dish and arrange on serving plates.
- Add honey to the juices in the baking dish, stirring until melted and combined.
- Add the slices of goat cheese to the hot mixture and warm the cheese until just soft.
- With a spatula, place the warm goat cheese on the plates next to each pear and drizzle with the balsamic and honey sauce.
Naturally sweet and creamy smooth dessert or salad. I've been trying to cut back on sugar so I only used half the honey and butter spray rather than butter,to no ill effect. Delightful, Dancer.
This is divine! The flavors are so good--sweet,tangy and delicious
This was an incredible combination of some of my favorite flavors! I served it with biscuits, spreading the goat cheese on them and it was delicious! It would also be wonderful over mixed greens. Oh, and I used agave nectar in place of honey because it's what I had on hand.