Top Review by sugarpea
Naturally sweet and creamy smooth dessert or salad. I've been trying to cut back on sugar so I only used half the honey and butter spray rather than butter,to no ill effect. Delightful, Dancer.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 firm but ripe bosc pears, halved and cored
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 4 ounces mild goat cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 400º F.
- Melt butter in ovenproof baking dish.
- Arrange pears, cut-sides-down, in a layer of the butter and roast for about 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Pour balsamic vinegar over pears and roast 5 minutes longer.
- Remove pears from baking dish and arrange on serving plates.
- Add honey to the juices in the baking dish, stirring until melted and combined.
- Add the slices of goat cheese to the hot mixture and warm the cheese until just soft.
- With a spatula, place the warm goat cheese on the plates next to each pear and drizzle with the balsamic and honey sauce.