Recipe by Lorac
Rustic country cooking from Italy.
Top Review by Luby Luby Luby
If you like Balsamic Vinegar (like I do) you must try this recipe. I'm a big fan of any kind of roasted vegetables and this recipe was wonderful. What's not to like when you have butter, onions & potatoes! I cooked mine in the skillet until they were a little "crusty" so I cut down on the baking time in the oven. Great recipe - thanks Lorac!
- 1 lb red onion, peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 3 lbs potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 cup butter
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 6 fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Melt butter in a large skillet, add onions and potatoes and toss to coat.
- Cook over medium heat, turning occasionally until vegetables are golden brown.
- Season with salt and pepper, add sage and 1/2 the vinegar and mix.
- Place in an ovenproof dish, cover and bake 20 minutes.
- Add remaining vinegar, bake uncovered 20-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.