Prep 5 mins
Cook 39 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs new potatoes, unpeeled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Heat olive oil in large, oven-proof skillet.
- Add potatoes, garlic, thyme, rosemary and nutmeg.
- Toss over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Place skillet in oven.
- Cook uncovered at 425 for 30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from oven, add the vinegar and salt and pepper, tossing well.
- Place back in oven, roasting an additional six minutes.
This was wonderful! Thanks so much for such a well planned and easy-to-follow recipe that makes such a perfect dish. The only change I made was to sub some basil for the thyme; simply because I had some on hand that was fresh but needed to be used. I think this dish is outstanding. I like the result that the brief stove top cooking adds and really like that everything is done in one pan that is easy to clean. Thanks again. I'm so glad I found this one!
I've tried several variations of this recipe but this has been the most successful so far. I tossed them in a wok and then baked in a foil lined pan since I didn't have the proper skillet. Very fragrant, and delicious!
I have a recipe very similar that I have always liked, I don't use the nutmeg in mine , but it made a subtle difference! I use basil in my recipe. Thanks