Recipe by Jimijoe 43
A great vinaigrette to top your salad, or as a marinade for grilled vegetables.
Top Review by Garlic Chick
Very good! I made this just today because I had other stuff going into the oven, so why not? I used about 10 cloves of garlic and glad that I did. I made mine in the Cuisinart because when I tried to mash it with a fork I saw it would take too long. One change I will make in the future is to use less dijon mustard to let the other flavors shine through more. Thanks for posting, Jimijoe 43, with adjustments I'll surely use in the future!
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast garlic at 350 degrees until soft, golden brown and fragrant - about 30 minutes.
- Peel cloves and mash coarsely in a mixing bowl.
- Add the vinegar and mustard, whisking to incorporate.
- Whisk in the olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour.