Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Used as a bruschetta topping or to flavor mayonnaise
- 2 cups peeled garlic cloves (from about 3 heads garlic)
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spread garlic over a small baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, water, and pepper together; spoon half of the vinegar mixture over the garlic; toss to coat.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the remaining vinegar, mix to coat, and bake for 10 minutes.
- Stir and return to oven for a final 10 minutes; the roasted garlic should be soft, with a burnished brown glaze finish.
- Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Bring to room temperature and stir before using.