Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is another recipe from Tyson's Chicken cookbook. YUMMY!
Make and share this Balsamic-Roasted Chicken With Sauteed Vegetables recipe from Food.com.
For the Chicken
- 1 whole broiler-fryer chicken, washed and dried (about 5 lb)
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
For the Sauteed Vegetables
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced crosswise into rings
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced diagonally
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Mix vinegar, olive oil, sugar, pepper, salt and sage in a small bowl.
- Place 2 TB mixture in the cavity of the chicken; rotate to coat thoroughly.
- Hook the wingtips under the back of the chicken and place chicken breast- side-up in a shallow baking pan.
- Spoon remaining vinegar mixture over chicken, rubbing inot top and sides.
- Place in a 350 degree F oven and roast for about 1 hour, basting with pan juices after 30 minutes.
- Chicken is done when internal temperature is 180 degrees F, or when legs and wings move easily. Let rest for 10 minutes on a cutting board. Reserve pan juices.
- Place chicken on a platter with the sauteed vegetables surrounding. Spoon some of the pan juices over all.
- About 30 minutes before chicken is done roasting, heat the 2 TB oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and saute for 1 minute.
- Add bell pepper, celery and garlic and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Stir in vinegar, salt and pepper and heat through for about 1 minute. Remove from heat and follow directions above.