Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
A Italian twist for carrots and a great addition to almost all foods!
- 4 lbs carrots, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 lb shallot, cut in 1/2-inch thick wedges (3 large)
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons firm packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon light molasses
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put vegetables in a 13x9-inch dish.
- Melt 2 T butter in a skillet over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Add sugar, molasses and vinegar.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until it is reduced to 1/2 cup (2 minutes). Pour mixture over carrots and shallots and toss to coat.
- Roast in oven 50 minutes stirring once.
- Remove from oven. Stir in remaining 1 T butter and salt.
- **This can be made ahead of time.
- Just cover and refrigerate.
- Then let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Microwave on HIGH covered for 5-6 minutes stirring once.
I made these for my husband's Thanksgiving deal at work. Very easy, and really delicious. I used whole baby carrots.
Not the healthiest way to prepare carrots, but they were delicious! I didn't have molasses, so I just left it out. I didn't have shallots, so I just used a regular onion and everything was great. Will definitely make it again for a special occasion side dish. Thanks for sharing it!
Yummy! This was very good! I used a little more molasses than I should have, it just gushed out of the bottle! I used green onions instead of shallots. Thank you for posting this!