Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
What I love about this dish is how versatile it is. It goes well with a fancy main dish or it can be served up with some grilled chicken drumsticks. it also comes from Bon Appetit magazine. I hope you enjoy it.
- 2 lbs carrots, cut into 3 1/2- by 1/2-inch sticks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Toss carrots with oil and salt in a shallow roasting pan (1 inch deep).
- Roast carrots in middle of oven, stirring occasionally, until golden and tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Drizzle vinegar over carrots and shake pan a few times.
- Roast carrots until most of vinegar is evaporated, about 2 minutes more.
I made these this morning to have for lunch, but cooked them a little longer than suggested. My husband loved them! He doesn't care for balsamic vinegar, so we left it out. Said they taste like sweet potato fries! Said this is the only way he will eat carrots from now on! I agree!
Easy to make and these have great flavor.
It is unusual for me to rate a 5 on a veggie recipe but this one is outstanding. It is flavorful, easy to prepare and compliments your other courses well. I served with grilled steak and twice baked potatoes and cherry pie for dessert. We loved them and will make them often. Thanks for posting such a tasty recipe