Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Kraft. Will use turkey bacon to lower the fat!! :)
Make and share this Balsamic-Roasted Brussels Sprouts recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts, cleaned, cut in half
- 1⁄2 red onion, cut into 8 wedges (200 g)
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1⁄2 cup shredded low fat mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Combine Brussels sprouts, onions and bacon in 13x9-inch baking dish. Add dressing; toss to coat.
- Bake 40 min., stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Bake an additional 5 minute or until cheese is melted.
Wow, these are great! Love the flavors and the crispness that develops during roasting. We left the cheese out, it didn't really go for us. I can see why this made it into someone's best of the year cookbook! We like a lot of vegetables, so this fed 3 for us.
This recipe was included in Book#228608. 11/02/08 --These were FANTASTIC!! Roasting the brussels sprouts with the bacon and onion really enhanced the flavor of the brussels sprouts and cooking the bacon and onion in the vinaigrette brought everything together into one delicious brussels sprouts recipe. Even my fussy son loved them!! Instead of buying a premade balsamic vinagrette, I just mixed some extra-virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar. The dressing added the perfect touch to this great recipe!! It's already on my list to make as a side dish again. Thanks, Redsie!!
I'm so sorry Redsie, but this just didn't work out for us. I'm not a brussels sprouts fan to begin with so I was counting on my husband for the review. He LOVES brussels sprouts, but he just didn't care for this.