Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
The wonderful flavour infusion of garlic, thyme & balsamic vinegar in your basic veggies!
Make and share this Balsamic-roasted Baby Potatoes & Carrots recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs baby red potatoes or 3 lbs white potatoes, halved (or both)
- 1 lb peeled baby-cut carrot (or 4 medium cut diagonally in chunks)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled & smashed
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with heavy duty foil.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Place on baking dish in a single layer& cover with foil.
- Roast in a preheated 425F oven for 45 minutes, shaking the pan a few times.
- Remove foil& roast, uncovered, for another 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until veggies are tender& golden.
The onions and garlic were black, so the 2nd time I made this, I reduced the heat to 375 and did 1/2 butter and 1/2 olive oil with much better results!
Wonderful recipe. Easy to put together. It tastes heavenly when it's roasted and the flavors blend. I served this with PanNan's Pork Tenderloin with Merlot-Shallot Sauce. Dinner was awesome! Thank you so much for sharing.
I was out of onions, so I just did potatoes and carrots- a half batch. Deliciously yummy!