Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very simple to make. Courtesy Chef Jamie Gwen I have also made these using Bosc pears and Brie.Other pears you could use: Anjou, Bartlett, or Comice, make sure they are firm, not too ripe or over ripe. Yum, yum, yum...
- 2 large green apples, cored and sliced into wedges (I use Granny Smith)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno jack cheese, shredded (you can use more)
- In a sauté pan melt the butter over medium heat. Add the apples and sauté 3-5 minutes, tossing often. Add the brown sugar, balsamic vinegar and salt, continue cooking, about 4 minutes more, tossing often. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a non-stick sauté pan, over medium heat, warm two tortillas by heating each of them for 1 minute on each side. Leave one tortilla in the pan and spread half of the cheese on the tortilla. Top the cheese with half of the apple mixture. Place the other warmed tortilla on top. Cook for 30 seconds, then flip the quesadilla and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Remove form the pan, cut into wedges and serve hot.
"This recipe was appley dappley grand!!." Comes from my 8 yr old daughter who is learning how to cook. And it truley was! Thanks a bunch!