Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
You will not believe the flavor of this chicken. Make a mixture of balsamic vinegar, olive oil, herbs and lemon juice and rub it under the skin of the chicken. Then let the oven do the rest of the work. Recipe found on the internet.
- 1587.57 g fryer chickens
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 2.46 ml dried thyme
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Add rest of seasoning ingredients and mix well.
- Slip your fingers under the skin of the breast and legs to form a pocket and spoon herb mixture inside.
- Place chicken, breast side up in a shallow roasting pan and bake at 375° for 1 1/4 hours or until done.
- Remove chicken from oven, cover with foil and let rest for 10 minutes before carving.
Perfect! We raise our own chickens and I have used this on some of the larger (5 1/2-6 1/2 pounds) roasters. Free range chickens can be tougher than cage raised and larger chickens can be tougher than 3 - 4 pounders. This recipe seems to help tenderize thighs and legs - and it is yummy flavor as well! Thank you for posting this
This went together so quickly and easily, and the chicken was very moist and tasty. Delicious. Another great recipe from Marie!