Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
From Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet Cookbook, submitted by Tracy Tylkowski of Omaha, Nebraska
Make and share this Balsamic Roast Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Pat chicken dry.
- In a small bowl, combine the rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper; rub under skin of chicken.
- Place onions in a shallow roasting pan; top with chicken.
- Combine wine and balsamic vinegar; pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 2 ¼ to 2 ¾ hours or until a thermometer reads 180 degrees, basting occasionally with the pan juices. (Cover loosely with foil if the chicken browns too quickly.).
- Let stand 15 minutes before carving.
- Remove and discard skin before serving.
- Pour onion sauce into a small bowl; skim fat. Serve with chicken.