Recipe by Queen of Everything
This is the only way that I prepare steaks, now. Absolutely delicious!
Top Review by kacedilla
Used a high quality Balsamic and a cheap bottle or cab sav for the marinade and marinated for 6 hours in the fridge... steak was perfect. It would have been over marinated if it hadn't have been in the fridge though. The bleu cheese sauce was to die for. I didn't realize that I was running out of balsamic on the marinade so I had to use only aout 1/4 cup of Balsamic and added a splash of the wine and a splash of red wine vinegar. I also added about 2 tsp of mayo just to give a little bit of a creaminess to the sauce. I free poured the bleu cheese because I adore it and knew I wanted it to shine. Overall an amazing and simple recipe!! Thanks :) Boyfriend adored it as well and he is a huge foodie so his praise is worth it's weight in gold.
- 236.59 ml balsamic vinegar
- 59.14 ml red wine (merlot is nice in this)
- 14.79 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
- 4 rib eye steaks
- 118.29 ml balsamic vinegar
- 59.14 ml crumbled blue cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 1st four ingredients in a ziploc bag or shallow pan.
- Add steaks to marinade.
- Marinate for 1-2 hours, turning steaks in marinade frequently.
- Grill steaks to desire doneness.
- I grill for 3-5 minutes on each side for medium-rare/medium doneness.
- While steaks are grilling, combine vinegar and bleu cheese to a creamy consistency.
- Serve sauce as a condiment to steaks.