Recipe by Cooputo
I took a basic puttenesca sauce recipe and changed it to make it fit my family's tastes. It turned out wonderful, and I have served it numerous times and am always asked for the recipe. In the Summer, I skip the tomato sauce and use fresh chopped tomatoes from our garden and let it simmer longer.
- 1⁄2 white onion, diced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) jar capers, drained
- 20 large pitted black olives, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 32 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chiffonade
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute' onion, garlic and olive oil until onion is soft.
- Add tomato sauce to pan and let simmer about 5 - 10 minute.
- Add capers, olives, and basalmic vinegar, let simmer 20 minute.
- Sauce is complete! Serve with your favorite pasta and garnish with parmesean cheese and fresh basil.