Recipe by Sheynath
Yummy side dish. We especially enjoy it in the fall and winter. Great comfort food. The cooking time sounds like its way too long, but it produces an incredible texture and really lets the seasonings incorporate in to food.
- 12 small red potatoes (about the size of a golf ball)
- 8 small whole onions (same size or smaller than potatoes)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash potatoes, remove any blemishes, but do not peel.
- Clean and peel onions, but leave whole.
- Place potatoes and onions in a deep baking dish that has a lid.
- Sprinkle vinegar over potatoes and onions.
- Dot butter around the top.
- Sprinkle thyme leaves and salt and pepper evenly over everything.
- Place lid on dish (seal with foil if no lid), and place in the oven.
- Bake for 2 hours (yes, 2 hours is correct), stirring gently every 1/2 hour.
- Turn down heat if the glaze starts to burn.
- The butter and vinegar will have reduced to a thick glaze that coats the vegetables.