Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found this in Rachael Ray's June/July 2007 magazine. Good for summer, and no-mayo, so good for picnics.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tiny new potatoes
- 3 teaspoons salt, plus more to taste
- 10 ounces green beans, trimmed and halved crosswise
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped (plus more sprigs for garnish)
- In a large saucepan, place potatoes, 2 teaspoons salt, and enough water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a simmer and cook until potatoes are tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Add green beans and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and let stand.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, mustard, pepper, and 1 teaspoon salt. Whisk in olive oil unti combined.
- Toss the potatoes and beans with the dressing to coat. Using a fork, mash several potatoes. Toss in the scallions and thyme. Season with more salt and pepper to taste and top with thyme sprigs.
- Serve either warm or at room temperature.