1/4 Photos of Balsamic Pot Roast (Crock Pot)
8 hrs 25 mins
Balsamic vinegar and rosemary give this pot roast a great flavor. Serve with cooked egg noodles or mashed potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 lbs beef round steak, trimmed of fat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cups baby carrots, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, ground
- 1 cup diced tomato (canned)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1In a large, heavy skillet, sear the beef in the oil until browned all over. Transfer the beef to your slow cooker.
- 2Scatter the onion, carrots and garlic around the beef.
- 3In a bowl, stir together the broth, bouillon, vinegar, and rosemary. Pour the mixture over the beef.
- 4Pour the tomatoes on top.
- 5Season with pepper.
- 6Cover the slow cooker, and cook on low for 8 hours.
- 7When cooking time is up, remove the beef with tongs and place it on a serving platter. Scoop the onions and carrots out with a slotted spoon and pile them around the roast.
- 8Turn crock pot to high and thicken the juice left in the slow cooker with cornstarch mixed with water. Serve it with the beef.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balsamic Pot Roast (Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 70.6
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 140.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef round steak
low-sodium beef bouillon granules