Recipe by Bev
Ruby-red Port give this dressing a sophisticated sweetness ad depth that makes it ideal for drizzling over dark greens topped with fresh fruit (try juicy plums), golden raisins or snipped dried apricots, toasted nuts and crumbled goat cheese. From Eating Well.
Top Review by Barb G.
Bev, this is so delicious, I served it on mixed greens with sliced mango and pear. Loved the flavor of the port and balsamic vinegar with the spices. The recipe is a keeper, even though my DH didn't care as much for it.
- 1⁄2 cup port wine
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped shallot (1 large)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine port, vinegar, honey, thyme and shallot in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncover, for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in mustard; oil, salt and pepper.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.