Recipe by Larry E Vaughn
This is a quick and easy recipe to make a shredded pork topping for your favorite garden salad. Use a left over pork chop or pork loin to make this meat topping that adds real eye appeal and delicious flavor to your vegetable salad luncheon entrée.
Top Review by Zurie
Made for PAC 2014. An interesting concept and an original use for leftover pork belly (from which I made pulled pork first). But we did find the sauce somewhat overpowering over a garden salad. Nice and different, but a little strong. Thanks for posting this interesting recipe.
- 1 cup shredded cooked pork
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in sauce pan.
- Add all other ingredients, stirring.
- Bring to a boil and immediately reduce heat.
- Stir in pork, coating well with sauce.
- Cover pan, and cook on medium low until well heated.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Place pork on top your favorite garden salad, drizzle remaining sauce as salad dressing and serve immediately.