Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Southern Living. A quick and easy meal--just add a steamed veggie and/or salad and you are set.
Top Review by SJBG
These are fantastic! I scaled the recipe down for two people and had basil mashed potatoes on the side, which complimented the balsamic vinegar and rosemary in this very well. The timings for this are perfect, too. The chops don't end up dry at all; they stay juicy. We'll absolutely be having this again. Thanks for the recipe.
- 1 (6 1/4 ounce) packagefast-cooking long grain and wild rice blend
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless pork chops (3/4-inch-thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare rice according to package directions; keep warm.
- Combine flour, rosemary, salt, and pepper; dredge pork chops in flour mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter; add in garlic; stir/saute for 1 minute.
- Add in pork chops; cook 4 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Remove pork chops from skillet.
- Add in broth and vinegar; stir to loosen particles from bottom of skillet.
- Cook 6 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add pork chops back to skillet; cook 5 minutes or until done.
- Serve over rice.