1 hr 20 mins
Vino Girl's Note:
From Real Simple April 2006
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 400°F.
- 2Place the potatoes in a roasting pan. Drizzle with the oil. Season with 3/4 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper, and toss.
- 3Roast for 30 minutes, shaking the pan once.
- 4Add the asparagus to the pan with the potatoes, season with the remaining salt, and toss.
- 5Roast until the asparagus is tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring the broth and vinegar to a boil.
- 7Add the chicken and, if necessary, enough water (up to 1/2 cup) to cover it. Simmer for 1 minute.
- 8Cover, remove from heat, and set aside until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- 9Transfer the chicken to a cutting board.
- 10Return the liquid to medium-high heat and simmer until reduced to about 1/3 cup, about 10 minutes.
- 11Thickly slice the chicken.
- 12Divide the ingredients among individual plates. Drizzle with the balsamic mixture.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balsamic Poached Chicken With Asparagus and Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (575 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 405.9
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 98.7 mg
- Sodium 600.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 46.4 g