Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Got this recipe from Real Simple Magazine. I used green beans instead of asparagus. I was a bit weird to poach the chicked but it gave it a very unique flavor.
- 453.59 g new potato, quartered
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 453.59 g asparagus, trimmed
- 411.06 g can low sodium chicken broth
- 236.59 ml balsamic vinegar
- 680.38 g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place potatoes in a roasting pan.
- Add the oil and 3/4 tsp of the salt, pepper and toss.
- Roast for 30 minutes, shaking the pan once.
- Add the asparagus to the pan, season with the remaining salt and toss.
- Roast until the asparagus are tender, 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, being the broth and vinegar to a boil.
- Add the chicked and if necessary, enough water (up to 1/2 cup) to cover it.
- Simmer for 1 minute.
- Cover and remove from heat, and set aside until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board.
- Return the liquid to medium-high heat and simmer until reduced to 1/3 cup, about 10 minutes.
- Slice the chicken.
- Divide the ingredients among individual plates.
- Drizzle with the balsamic mixture.
really easy to do and makes a really great meal in very little time. Also quite healthy. I love the idea of substituting green beans and will do that next time. Thanks for posting!