1 hr 5 mins
Got this recipe from Real Simple Magazine. I used green beans instead of asparagus. I was a bit weird to poach the chicked but it gave it a very unique flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Place potatoes in a roasting pan.
- 3Add the oil and 3/4 tsp of the salt, pepper and toss.
- 4Roast for 30 minutes, shaking the pan once.
- 5Add the asparagus to the pan, season with the remaining salt and toss.
- 6Roast until the asparagus are tender, 12-15 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile, in a saucepan, being the broth and vinegar to a boil.
- 8Add the chicked and if necessary, enough water (up to 1/2 cup) to cover it.
- 9Simmer for 1 minute.
- 10Cover and remove from heat, and set aside until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- 11Transfer the chicken to a cutting board.
- 12Return the liquid to medium-high heat and simmer until reduced to 1/3 cup, about 10 minutes.
- 13Slice the chicken.
- 14Divide the ingredients among individual plates.
- 15Drizzle with the balsamic mixture.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balsamic Poached Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (575 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 405.9
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 98.7 mg
- Sodium 600.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 46.4 g