Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe from a local winery where my husband and I celebrated our 1st anniversary. I have made some variations and just love this tart. I serve it with a salad and of course a glass of crisp white wine!
- Cut peeled peaches in half and marinate in the balsamic vinegar for 30 minutes. (If you don't have aged balsamic, pour double the amount of balsamic in a sauce pot and reduce by half over low heat).
- Take a sheet of phyllo and brush with melted butter, repeat until all sheets have been layered and buttered.
- Cut the phyllo into 4 sections.
- Cut marnited peach halves into slices and place onto phyllo sections (using a 1/2 peach for each section).
- Divide asiago evenly over the peaches.
- Fold phyllo and brush with butter.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, until golden and crispy.
- I triple this recipe and freeze just before I bake. It's a great treat in the middle of winter when you want it to be summer! I have also tried canned peaches and it doesn't work out well.