Another recipe from my MIL. A meal on its own, great hot, but also very refreshing cold with a nice chilled dry white wine on hot summer days! Easy to make in bulk and keep in the fridge for leftovers or take to large gatherings. I could see it as a side, too, though we always eat it on its own.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare pasta according to box directions and drain, return to pot. Slice, dice, and tear the tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil while the pasta is boiling to save time.
- 2Add olive oil and garlic salt and mix thoroughly. Recipe states 1 tbs olive oil and 2 tsp garlic salt, but these are merely approximations. Add as much as you deem necessary.
- 3Add tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil leaves, toss thoroughly.
- 4Dish out the servings, then each person can add balsamic vinegar and parmesan to their liking. Doing it this way keeps the tomatoes and basil from going limp and soggy when you keep leftovers.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balsamic Pasta With Tomato, Basil, and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 550.1
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 22.1 mg
- Sodium 185.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 21.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh basil leaves