Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another recipe from my MIL. A meal on its own, great hot, but also very refreshing cold with a nice chilled dry white wine on hot summer days! Easy to make in bulk and keep in the fridge for leftovers or take to large gatherings. I could see it as a side, too, though we always eat it on its own.
- 1 (16 ounce) box fusilli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 -3 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 -2 cup mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaf, torn to pieces
- balsamic vinegar
- parmesan cheese
- Prepare pasta according to box directions and drain, return to pot. Slice, dice, and tear the tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil while the pasta is boiling to save time.
- Add olive oil and garlic salt and mix thoroughly. Recipe states 1 tbs olive oil and 2 tsp garlic salt, but these are merely approximations. Add as much as you deem necessary.
- Add tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil leaves, toss thoroughly.
- Dish out the servings, then each person can add balsamic vinegar and parmesan to their liking. Doing it this way keeps the tomatoes and basil from going limp and soggy when you keep leftovers.