Prep 7 mins
Cook 18 mins
Great ingredients create a delicious and unique taste for everyday green beans. Try these when you want to add extra punch to your meal!
- 1 (4 ounce) packagesliced pancetta, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced shallot
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook pancetta in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove pancetta with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels; reserve drippings in pan.
- Add shallots to the skillet drippings; cook over medium-high heat until golden brown, about 6 minutes. Add balsamic vinegar and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Place green beans in large pot of lightly salted, boiling water. Cook until just crisp-tender, 5-6 minutes. Drain immediately and add green beans to shallot mixture; season with salt and pepper. Toss until coated, place in dish, sprinkle pancetta over top, and serve.
Loved the beans and pancetta!!! I left the pancetta sliced while cooking and then just crumbled most of it to sprinkle on top. I have a recipe that is similar but uses bacon. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for "Best of 2012" Recipe Tag Game.
Wow! I think I have a new favorite way to do beans! Great flavors and textures and very easy to do. Made for My 3 Chefs game.