Recipe by mamacancook
Okay-this was one of those "out of necessity" ideas that turned out okay.Problem arose when I ran out of something to top burgers (seasoned turkey burgers in our house)-No ketchup,no mustard...But balsamic vinegar,honey.onions and olive oil on hand-Prob would go great on steak also.
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 2 medium onions, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Pan fry your burgers or steak.
- Keep warm (let steak rest).
- Add onions to pan and brown to caramelize.
- Remove onions.
- To brown bits in pan over medium heat add 1/2 to 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar (inexpensive balsamic is fine-you're gonna cook it down),honey,olive oil,soy sauce,dash of salt,pepper and garlic powder.
- Whisk together,bring up to a rolling boil for a few minutes,then bring back down to a simmer (bout 5 minutes total) whisking ingredients to thicken.
- Return onions to pan,coat with sauce and bring to temp (bout a minute).
- Serve over burgers or steak.
- Note-has sweeter taste-you may omit honey if too sweet,since you are cooking down the balsamic and condensing the sweetness).