1/1 Photo of Balsamic, Orange, Honey, Maple Syrup Glazed Duck
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
I went looking for inspiration for my duck I bought for dinner. Eventually I found it on the bag the duck came in!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 190c.
- 2Mix all the ingredients (except the duck!) together in a small saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 3Reserve 1/4 of the glaze.
- 4Sit the duck on a rack over a baking dish, baste and place in oven.
- 5Baste the duck every 10 minutes throughout the cooking process with remaining 3/4 of glaze.
- 6A 2kg duck should take about 1 hour 15 minutes to cook, but give one of his legs a pull, and if it moves freely and any juices run clear, your duck will be cooked.
- 7Place on a serving platter brush with reserved glaze and serve.
- 8Pass any remaining reserved glaze to be spooned over carved duck.
Browse Our Top Whole Duck Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balsamic, Orange, Honey, Maple Syrup Glazed Duck
Serving Size: 1 (586 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4269.3
- Calories from Fat 3545
- Total Fat 393.9 g
- Saturated Fat 132.2 g
- Cholesterol 760.0 mg
- Sodium 761.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 49.3 g
- Protein 116.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: