Cook1 hr 15 mins
I went looking for inspiration for my duck I bought for dinner. Eventually I found it on the bag the duck came in!
- Preheat oven to 190c.
- Mix all the ingredients (except the duck!) together in a small saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Reserve 1/4 of the glaze.
- Sit the duck on a rack over a baking dish, baste and place in oven.
- Baste the duck every 10 minutes throughout the cooking process with remaining 3/4 of glaze.
- A 2kg duck should take about 1 hour 15 minutes to cook, but give one of his legs a pull, and if it moves freely and any juices run clear, your duck will be cooked.
- Place on a serving platter brush with reserved glaze and serve.
- Pass any remaining reserved glaze to be spooned over carved duck.